Home >> Varia
1) WHEREAS the inerrant Word of God says: "The invisible things of Him are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made" [Romans, 1:20],
2) WHEREAS the truth of some parts of the Bible are knowable by both Faith and Reason, among others the Ten Commandments, which are an overview of Natural Law,
3) WHEREAS we need not fear deviant philosophies based on corrupt reason, since we will always "believe there is one Creator God [...] We believe the Holy Bible to be the inspired, inerrant written Word of God [etc...]" (Constitution, Article A 2-Principles),
4) WHEREAS the CHP does not seek to impose a theocracy (in the sense of a Government where non-Christians are excluded), since the fundamental principles of good government (i.e. "Natural Law") are knowable by all citizens of good will, whether or not they have already received Jesus Christ as their personal saviour,
5) BE IT RESOLVED the following sixth paragraph be added to Article A-2 as subsection (d) of our Constitution and to the CHP membership pledge form:
6) We all believe the five preceding clauses, but some of us know (and can prove using reason alone) that God exists, that we have a spiritual and immortal soul, that what we call "Biblical principles" are an overview of Natural Law, which itself must be the basis for all civil law, and that Natural Law condemns abortion, sodomy, theft, rape, perjury, etc.
François Labrecque, CEO
For a more detailed explanation of the rationale behind this Resolution, see
Section 7: "7) The meaning of "Biblical principles" on which are based civil
laws", in the article called:
"Does The CHP Want To Establish A Theocracy?"
-----Original Message----- From: Vicki Gunn ED CHP Sent: 8 septembre 2008 23:45 To: CHP Louis Hebert (QC) Stefan Jetchick Subject: Fwd: re Quebec resolution Hi Stefan You'll be pleased to see below. Vicki ********** Forwarded message ********** From: Apex Productions <apex3d (add at sign) yahoo.com> Date: Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 11:32 PM Subject: re Quebec resolution To: Vickie Gunn CHP Executive Dir <ExecutiveDirector (put at sign) chp.ca> Dear Vicki Please inform the Quebec members of our decision to forward their resolution to the convention in the format below. No further consideration will be given to any further changes or amendments. Regards Ed Response to Louis-Hebert EDA September 8, 2008 Dear CHP Friends Thank you for the clarification of your resolution by providing us with the motivation for your resolution formulated in the following four points known as the "whereas" part. We agree that your resolution deserves a hearing at the convention floor and have therefore formulated it as follows: [See above. The only changes from our suggested resolution are the references to the specific parts of the CHP Constitution which would need to be changed if the resolution was adopted.]